Monday, March 6, 2017

On Getting Old

On Getting old
yes aging has taught some positive & negative things  
It took me real long that i am getting  old  It dawned on me real slow motion things that i could do in a jiffy took longer & longer& LOOOOONGER First time i realised that i am slowing down due to aging 
My  mind mentally I am   still in the second decade but physically i have passed seven and a half!!  I still am not able to get used to this idea but slowly learning  to adjust my age & physical fitness 

Now have to take steps slowly watching each foot forward to make sure I do not fall Also realising that I am bit Unsteady in Balancing my self as i tend to fall more often Nothing serious but i have to be careful  Even if i go out i have to make a effort to catch up with who ever i am with Mostly the person understands & try to keep my pace That's what good friends are  for  also i notice any strangers on the street is always willing to help with a kind hand when needed  When i look back I have done this to many elderly when i was younger Feel that History is repeating I realise that good deeds done by one comes back sometimes double fold
Simple things i used to do before takes longer  now sometimes it comes as a shock to me as i was a very active person  almost putting in 48 hrs into the 24 hrs of the day No not anymore Now irealise that i cant put in even  24 hrs or less each day Old habits die hard   i thought But know they just shrivel up without even realising  then one says Ok that's it & go along  doing ones best Many times do not feel happy about bit but then there is no choice also i feel the it is easier way out to give up somethings & go on doing what one ncan better
about food now there is no thing like Oh i want this or that well u eat to sustain sometimes rarely there is a urge to eat something & it is nice to oblige oneself  & feel happy about it 
when i go out i feel so tired as if i have done so much load of  work  Simple  task like going  to the bank shopping for groceries vegetables seems like WORK before it was relaxing  I also have developed the habit  of postponing  anything that does not need IMMEDIATE attention is shelved for 'some other time' without any remorse 
Before i never left todays work for tomorrow but now it seems ok N no guilt about it
My watching TV is also gone diown  as i find things which used to interest me now does not do so any more Watch only a 2-3 serials I prefer News Channels now
Loneliness is the other factor but i have got used to it now My own company with sweety N tinku is good enougg & satisfying
I used  to crave for someone to call but not anymore I   know all have their own works of getting along with their own lives so no hard feelings or sadness  It is part  of life & growing older also one feels forgotten but again the youngsters have their own  life No place for anyone in the shadows
I am grateful that  am on my own two feet & do not have to depend on anyone financially I shudder to thing all those who are not  lucky as me  to them  life must really be hard &pathetic But i feel it must have been so for them most of the life so ui suppose it is ok for them     I feel so only from my perspective
As in the Film Bhagban My favourite all will have to go thru this phase of life for better or  worse












No comments:

Post a Comment